Saturday, January 31, 2009

Power reading this week - 2 books!

The first book I read this week was Leota's Garden by Francine Rivers. Okay - I confess - Francine is my most favorite author (besides the Lord) and I had read the book several years ago. But I had forgotten the end and it really blessed my heart to read it again. It is a book to make you think about aging and the value of life at every stage.
The second book I read was Quiet Strength by Tony Dungy. I knew vaguely who he is but this book really opened my eyes to what a godly man he is and how he is trying to glorify God in his daily life. Some of the things in his book I really thought were good nuggets were: 
No excuses, no explanations
Whatever it takes
Respond to adversity; don't react
DO WHAT WE DO - just do it well
When I get mad, I usually talk at the same volume I'm talking now. And when I get really mad - 
I whisper
Do the ordinary things better than anyone else does - day in and day out.
What can I do to make things better?
Both books - good reads - definitely worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment