Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What a sinner!

Tonight at BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) the TL (Teaching Leader) was talking about our personal sin. She said our sin to God is like spiritual adultery. She said He is our perfect bridegroom and we are His bride and when we sin it hurts Him just like when we are in a marriage and our spouse were to commit adultery. It breaks that sacred covenant. That really raises the bar on looking at how hurt God is when we sin and what that sin feels like to Him. I know I don't want to displease Him but this makes me think about how much it hurts the Lord when I sin. I guess for me it makes my sin's pain so much worse b/c it really hurts Him. I want to be faithful to Him. I want to hate sin the way He hates sin. I want to be close to Him the way He wants to be close to me. I want to grieve over my sin the way He does.
Deep thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment