Friday, March 13, 2009

Long Time No Post

Life got extremely busy - my elderly father was in the hospital for one week and so there was much time spent there. While he was there - very mixed up and fever. After one week he was able to go home - but then we saw he was so very weak he had to go to a nursing home temporarily for rehab. Our prayer for him - to get much stronger and be able to go back to Morningside Assisted Living- back to his friends and home. 
While my dad was in the hospital it seemed like one trial after another cropped up. Gratefully I have been studying the life of Moses and seeing how the Lord and Moses continually have to put up with the grumbling Israelites. I found myself starting to grumble and immediately I felt convicted.  I realized I have so much to be thankful for - so very much. But not only do I have much to be grateful for, I serve a Sovereign God - He is in complete control and I need to trust Him enough. I am naive if I ever think the Christian life is going to be easy. Dying to self, living a godly life - well in this world - it will not be easy but it will always be worth it. Christ calls us out of ourselves to live under His leadership - giving up our will for His will. I am grateful for the conviction of the Holy Spirit. I don't want to be a grumbler. I want to be uplifting and an encourager. Encouraging myself/others to see things with eyes of faith.
Thank you Lord for loving me all the time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment